The 10x20x1 air filter is considered “standard” and is easily found at most retail/hardware stores. “Standard size” means the air filter is cut nominally with a 1/2″ undercut following industry standards. Air filters are easy to forget about as they are usually tucked away behind closed doors. However, regular maintenance is essential, not only for comfort but also for HVAC system safety. Changing your 10x20x1 air filter on a regular basis:
- Increased comfort indoors
- Home IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) improved
- HVAC equipment protected from damage
- Home energy bills decreased
- Heating and cooling efficiency improved
How does your 10x20x1 filter work?
10x20x1 Air Filters Clean Your Indoor Air
The EPA has reported that one of the top 5 environmental health risks is air pollution. Your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ) goes down when airborne particulates/matter are allowed to enter and circulate in the indoor air. Poor ventilation, temperature increases and humidity levels also decrease IAQ. There are also many other unthought of indoor air pollution sources that are plentiful in our everyday lives. A few examples are scented candles, spray air fresheners, smoke from cigarettes/cigars and fires, cooking fumes, fireplaces as well as drapes/carpet/furniture…even printers!
Increasing the IAQ in Your Home
An HVAC systems job is to bring outdoor air inside, cool or heat it, and then circulate it throughout the home. During the circulation process, the outdoor air is forced to pass through the air filter. 10x20x1 air filters trap the dust, particles and debris in the outdoor air and allow clean air to circulate through your home. Some examples of the particulates that are trapped in the air filter include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Human hair
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet/fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
Reducing indoor air pollution sources protects your home’s IAQ. This also allows your 10x20x1 air filter to capture pollutants more efficiently and effectively that would otherwise enter the air you breathe. In order to make sure your home has the cleanest indoor air possible, air filters should be changed regularly (every 1-3 months according to manufacturer’s directions).
10x20x1 Air Filters Protect HVAC Systems
Air filters protect indoor air quality AND protect HVAC equipment from damage. Changing your air filters on a regular basis is a part of HVAC maintenance. By doing so, dust and debris build up on the motor and wires, mold growth and even permanent damage is prevented. Also check for water pools around the evaporator coils/condensate lines and holes and/or leaks in the equipment as this can also cause equipment damage if left unfixed. A new 10x20x1 air filter will prevent damage to these costly components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
How to Improve IAQ:
- Regular cleaning: Dust, sweep and vacuum floors, blinds and vents on a regular basis.
- Reduce indoor pollution sources: Choose hardwood floors over carpet, let natural light in and skip the heavy curtains and drapes. Check around your home on a regular basis for any leaks/holes and patch them up to prevent outdoor pollution from creeping inside. In doing so, less stress will be put on your 10x20x1 air filter and improve your home’s IAQ.
- Pets: Pet hair and dander (dead skin cells from an animal) can become a problem if pets aren’t brushed/bathed regularly. Wipe their paws after coming in the house to prevent dirt, debris, pollen, and dander from outside being tracked in. If possible, try to keep your pets off furniture and out of bedrooms and wash blankets and floors regularly to keep the dander at bay.
- Dust allergies: Dust and other particulates in the air can aggravate respiratory sensitivities for seasonal allergies and/or asthma sufferers. Clean indoor air is key to help those that are sensitive stay comfortable and healthy.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters, and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.