The 14x20x1 air filter is a standard sized filter. Cut nominally, standard sized air filters are 1/2″ undercut, based on industry standards (just like disposable air filters you find at your local hardware store and retail locations). Air filters can be easily overlooked (out of sight, out of mind!), however, regular maintenance is extremely important to keep your HVAC system safe and your home comfortable. Changing your 14x20x1 air filter has the following benefits:
- Increased overall comfort
- IAQ (Indoor air quality) improvement
- Expanded lifespan of HVAC equipment
- Decreased energy bills
- Increased efficiency of cooling and heating
How does your 14x20x1 filter work?
14x20x1 Air Filters Clean Indoor Air
According to a study by the Environmental Protection Agency, the EPA, indoor air pollution was reported as one of the top 5 environmental health risks. Indoor air quality (IAQ) decreases as airborne particulates and matter get indoors and circulate around the home. Increased temperatures, humidity levels & improper ventilation also decrease IAQ. Other sources that usually aren’t even thought of to be sources of indoor air pollution are: cooking fumes/smoke, lighting scented candles, sprayair fresheners, cigarette/cigar smoke, drapes/carpet/furniture, and even printers.
Increasing Your Home’s IAQ
An HVAC systems job is to bring outdoor air inside and circulate it throughout the home. During this circulation process, outdoor air is forced through the air filter. 14x20x1 air filters trap the debris, dust and particles present in the air and push clean air back into the home. These particulates include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Human hair
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet/fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
You can further protect your home’s IAQ by reducing the indoor air pollution sources. When the sources are reduced, your 14x20x1 air filter can capture pollutants more efficiently and effectively, returning clean air back into the home. Always change your home’s air filters on a regular basis (every 1-3 months according to manufacturers directions) to ensure your home has the cleanest indoor air possible.
14x20x1 Air Filters Protect HVACs
Not only do air filters protect IAQ, they also protect HVAC equipment from damage. Regularly maintaining your HVAC system includes changing air filters on a regular basis. Dust and debris build up on the motor and wires, pooling water around the evaporator coils/condensate lines, holes and/or leaks in the equipment left unfixed can lead to mold growth and severe, or even permanent damage to HVAC equipment. A clean 14x20x1 air filter prevents damage to the following expensive components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
Other ways to improve indoor air quality:
- Regular cleaning: Make sure to sweep, dust, and vacuum floors, carpets, blinds and vents on a weekly basis.
- Reduce Indoor air pollutant sources: Selecting hardwood over carpets and open windows over drapes will reduce pollution sources. You should also seal any leaks/holes around the home to limit the pollution that enters your home. These steps will put less stress on your 14x20x1 air filter and improve indoor air quality.
- Keep on top of Pet Hair/Dander/Paws: Dander is the dead skin cells from an animal. Pets also track in all kinds of dirt, debris, pollen and dander from outside on their paws. If possible, keep animals out of bedrooms and off furniture and wash blankets and floors regularly to keep the dander at bay.
- Reduce Dust = Reduced Allergies: Seasonal allergies and/or asthma sufferers need clean indoor air to stay comfortable and healthy. Dust and other particulates in the air can irritate respiratory sensitivities.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.