The standard sized 14x24x1 air filter is easily found at your local hardware/retail store. Standard sized air filters are cut nominally with a 1/2″ undercut based on industry standards. Since air filters are usually behind closed doors within your air handler, they tend to be easily overlooked; however, regular maintenance is an absolute must to ensure your HVAC system is safe and to keep your home comfortable. Regularly changing your 14x24x1 air filter has the following benefits:
- Increased comfort
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) improvement
- HVAC equipment protection
- Lower energy bills
- Higher efficiency for cooling and heating
How does your 14x24x1 filter work?
14x24x1 Air Filters Clean Your Indoor Air
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reports that indoor air pollution is one of the top 5 environmental health risks. Your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ) gets worse as airborne particulates/matter get inside and are circulated around your home. As temperatures and humidity levels increase along with improper ventilation, indoor air quality gets worse. Other sources attributing to indoor air pollution include cooking fumes, cigarette smoke, burning scented candles, spraying air fresheners, drapes/carpet/furniture, and even printers.
How to Increase Your Home’s IAQ
An HVAC systems main function is bringing outdoor air in and circulating it throughout your home. It is during this circulation process that the outdoor air is forced through the air filter. 14x24x1 air filters trap debris, dust and particles present in the outdoor air allowing clean air to enter the home. These particulates include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Human hair
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet/fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
Protecting your home’s IAQ can also be accomplished by reducing the indoor air pollution sources. When these sources are reduced, the 14x24x1 air filter can capture pollutants more efficiently and effectively, returning clean air back into the home. Changing your home’s air filters regularly (every 1-3 months according to manufacturer’s directions) ensures your home consistently has the cleanest indoor air possible.
14x24x1 Air Filters Protect Your HVAC from Damage
On top of protecting indoor air quality, air filters also protect HVAC equipment from damage. Regular HVAC maintenance includes changing your air filters on a regular basis. Mold growth and even permanent damage can occur if dust and debris is allowed to build up on the motor and wires, water pools around the evaporator coils/condensate lines, or if holes and/or leaks in the equipment are left unfixed. A new 14x20x1 air filter will prevent damage to these expensive components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
Other ways to improve indoor air quality:
- Cleaning: Sweep, dust, and vacuum floors, carpets, blinds, and vents on a regular basis.
- Reduce indoor air pollution sources: Hardwood floors are better than carpets and open windows are better than drapes when looking at ways to reduce sources of pollution. Also make sure to seal any leaks/holes around your home to limit the ways pollution can enter your home. Following these steps allows for less stress to be put on your 14x24x1 air filter and improve indoor air quality.
- Pet Hair/Dander/Paws: Pet hair and dander, the dead skin cells from an animal, can easily get out of control easily. Your pets’ paws also track in all kinds of dirt, debris, pollen, and dander from outside. If at all possible, try to keep your pets out of bedrooms and off furniture. Wash blankets and floors regularly to keep the dander at bay.
- Reduced Dust = Reduced Allergies: Clean indoor air is essential to help those that suffer from seasonal allergies and/or asthma stay comfortable and healthy. Dust and other particulates in the air results in respiratory sensitivities.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.