The 20x25x1 air filter is one of the most common sized air filters and can be found at most retail locations. A home’s air filter is quite often overlooked but maintaining it is, in fact, one of the most important steps you can take to keep your HVAC system efficient. Changing your 20x25x1 air filter has the following benefits:
- Increased overall comfort
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Increased lifespan of HVAC equipment
- Decreased energy bills
- Increased efficiency of cooling and heating
How does your 20x25x1 filter work?
20x25x1 Air Filters Clean Your Home’s Indoor Air
The EPA has done studies that show indoor air pollution as being one of the top 5 environmental health risks. Multiple sources decrease indoor air quality such as airborne particulates and matter getting indoors, poor ventilation, increases in temperature and unbalanced levels of humidity. Other sources within your home also increase indoor air pollution. Fumes and smoke from cooking, the use of scented candles and air fresheners, cigarette/cigar smoke, carpet, drapes, furniture and even printers in the home contribute to indoor air pollution.
Improving Your Home’s IAQ
HVAC systems allow air to circulate through a home – air that is brought indoors from outside. During this circulation process, air is forced to pass through the air filter. The 20x25x1 filter traps the particles, dust and debris in the air, therefore pushing clean air back into your home. These particulates include:
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet and fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
Protecting your homes IAQ is possible by reducing the sources that are causing an increase in indoor air pollution. Reducing these sources results in the 20x25x1 air filter effectively capturing these pollutants and returning clean air back into the home. Air filters must be changed on a regular basis to ensure the cleanest indoor air possible.
Air Filters Protect HVAC Systems from Damage
Air filters not only protect indoor air quality, but they also protect your HVAC equipment from damage. Routine HVAC maintenance includes changing the air filters on a regular basis. Damage can happen to your AC system if dust and debris are allowed to build up on the motor and wires. If water collects around the evaporator coils/condensate lines mold can begin to flourish. Any holes and/or leaks within the equipment will allow debris to enter the system. Any of these can lead to very expensive repair costs or even permanent damage to the entire system. A clean 20x25x1 air filter saves you from damage to the following pricey components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
20x25x1 Air Filters Improve Energy Efficiency
According to the Department of Energy, replacing dirty filters can reduce energy consumption up to 15%. Heating and cooling systems are responsible for nearly 1/2 your energy usage which means that there is a potential savings of 7.5% each month!
For example, in a home that has an energy bill of $100 per month and regularly replaces the air filters, there could be an energy savings of ~$7.50 monthly. Energy bills in the $200+ range will see even more energy savings – up to $30/month.
Other ways to improve indoor air quality:
- Housekeeping: Sweep, dust and vacuum floors and carpets, as well as blinds and vents regularly.
- Indoor air pollutant sources: Air quality is better in homes with hardwood floors and open windows than in homes with drapes and carpets. Any leaks and holes due to improper insulation will let unwanted pollution in if the home. Limit the sources of indoor air pollutants as much as possible so there is less stress on your 20x25x1 air filter and improve indoor air quality.
- Pets: Dander is the dead skin cells from an animal, much like human dandruff. Pets also track in all kinds of dirt, debris, pollen and dander from outside. If possible, keep animals out of bedrooms and off furniture. Wash blankets and floors on a regular basis to help keep the dander at minimum.
- Allergies: Seasonal allergies and/or asthma sufferers need indoor air clean to remain healthy and comfortable. Dust and other pollutants in the air irritates respiratory sensitivities.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.