The 16x25x1 air filter is available at most retail stores as it is one of the more common air filter sizes. The importance of taking care of your home’s air filter is quite often overlooked, but keeping on top of it comes with many benefits, like:
- Increasing overall comfort
- Improving indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Increasing your HVAC equipment’s lifespan
- Decreasing energy bills
- Increasing efficiency of heating and cooling
How does your 16x25x1 filter work?
16x25x1 Air Filters Clean Indoor Air
According to the EPA, one of the top five environmental health risks is indoor air pollution. Factors that cause a decline in indoor air quality include multiple sources that allow airborne particulates and matter to get indoors, poor ventilation, increase in temperatures and off-balance humidity levels. There are sources throughout your home that attribute to indoor air pollution. Smoke from cooking, air fresheners and candles, carpet, furniture, cigarette smoke and even printers contribute to indoor air pollution.
Can You Improve Your Indoor Air Quality?
Yes! HVAC systems allow air that is coming indoors to circulate throughout the home. It is during this circulation that air is forced to pass through the air filter. The 16x25x1 filter traps the particles and particulates in the air therefore passing clean air back into the home. These particles and pathogens include:
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet and fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
The main way to protect your homes IAQ is to reduce the sources that are contributing to indoor air pollution. As a result, the 16x25x1 air filter can effectively capture the pollutants and return clean air back into your home. Most importantly, your homes air filter needs to be changed regularly to ensure the cleanest indoor air possible.
Air Filters Protect Your HVAC System from Damage
Air filters not only protect indoor air quality, but also protect HVAC equipment from damage. Regular maintenance of a HVAC system includes changing dirty air filters with a new, clean one. The particles that cause indoor air pollution can also destroy your AC system. If dust and debris build up on the motor and wires, and water collecting around the evaporator coils/condensate lines lead to mold growth. Holes and/or leaks within the equipment also allow for debris to enter the system. Any of these factors can cause expensive repair costs and even permanent damage to the whole system. Using a clean 16x25x1 air filter saves you from damage to these pricey components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
16x25x1 Air Filters Help Improve Energy Efficiency
According to the Department of Energy, replacing dirty filters with clean air filters can reduce energy consumption up to 15%. Combine that with the fact that heating and cooling systems are responsible for nearly half your energy usage, there is a potential savings of 7.5% each month.
For example, let’s say your home’s energy bill is $100/month. If you regularly replace your air filters, there could be an energy savings of ~$7.50 monthly! Energy bills in the $200, $300, $400 range are looking at even more savings – up to $30/month. Regularly maintaining your HVAC system with clean air filters is definitely worth it, but there are other ways it saves money as well.
Other factors to take into consideration to improve indoor air quality:
- Housekeeping: Regularly sweep, dust and vacuum floors and carpets, as well as blinds and vents. The circulating air from the AC blows particles around the house, worsening IAQ.
- Indoor air pollutant sources: Drapes and carpets in the home contribute to decreased air quality more than in homes with hardwood floors and open windows. Leaks and holes let unwanted pollution in if the home is not properly insulated. Limiting the sources of indoor air pollutants as much as possible will put less stress on your 16x25x1 air filter and improve indoor air quality.
- Pets: Like human dandruff, dander is an animal’s dead skin cells. Pets can track in all kinds of pollen, debris, and dander from outside as well. If possible, keep pets off furniture and out of bedrooms. Regular washing of blankets and floors will help keep the dander at minimum.
- Allergies: Seasonal allergies and/or asthma sufferers need indoor air clean to be comfortable and remain healthy and comfortable. Air filled with dust and other pollutants aggravates respiratory sensitivities.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.