What will you do if any air contaminants are interfering with your process cooling system? Then, one of the best options to control the situation is installing a high-efficiency air filtration system. An air intake filtration is beneficial in getting rid of any particulate that can obturate crucial process equipment.
The manufacturers involved in activities relating to process cooling and other related applications can get affected by dust and various other environmental particulates. These particulates clog the cooling system, resulting in excessive maintenance costs, decreased productivity, and elevated downtime.
So, in this article, we’ll learn about how an efficient air filtration system can play a vital role in dealing with such challenges.
Environmental Contaminants- A Hindrance In Efficient Working Of Cooling Systems
It’s a burdensome task to keep the cooling systems clean. It is because these systems mainly work by drawing air from outside the establishment in which environmental contaminants are bound to be present. These environmental particulates, later on, become problematic as they clog the system.
The air intake process of the cooling system may vary with season and climatic conditions, but the environmental contaminants always irritate. The particulates like leaves, pollen, cottonwood, crop-harvest debris, insects, etc., are some of the many issues that the manufacturers have to deal with. As time passes, these particles keep on accumulating and settle inside the cooling system, negatively affecting the overall performance.
To resolve the issue, some manufacturers choose to go for chemical treatment programs. This is undoubtedly a good option and will reduce the adverse effects of particulates too. But, the main issue here is keeping a large amount of foreign contaminants under control while also complying with the chemical treatment regulations. So, the better solution is to consider installing an air-intake filter system to prevent any particulates from even entering the cooling system.
Installing Air Intake Filtration System
An air intake filter works efficiently in averting air contaminants from entering the system regardless of which technology is being used in the cooling system. Whichever cooling system you are using, installing the air intake filter is possible on any cooling equipment at the place where the fresh air comes in. The filter works and prevents any kind of debris from entering the system, which can trouble the coils, fins, or filter banks later on. Whether it be a cooling tower, condenser unit, or an air-cooled chiller, an air intake filtration system can be installed on most of the openings for fresh air intake.
Customization of the air intake filter can be done as per the need of the cooling equipment used in a facility. For better installation and to tackle the air inlet or outlet issues, the following things may be required:
- The specific type of customized shapes as well as frames.
- Suitable pipes or electrical cutouts.
- Various mounting options.
Benefits Of Installing Air Intake Filters
- Prevents any debris from settling within the cooling system.
- Protects the cooling water as well as fill material from getting contaminated.
- Internal custom air filters will have long-lasting life.
- No excessive downtime due to clogged system.
- Decrease in the energy and maintenance costs due to efficient working of the system.
- Prevents silt accumulation in water basins.
- No more requirement of solvents to clean coil.
Improving Indoor Air Quality Using Air Filtration System
The quality of indoor air is not usually the primary concern when we talk about process cooling systems and applications. Even so, various industrial processes have to face challenges relating to the safety of staff, equipment, and products. Some of the prominent examples of such processes are:
- The manufacturing process of pharmaceutical companies. They need to follow the highest level of purity standards and regulatory norms. In such an industry, excess level of dust is simply intolerable, so dust management is of the essence here.
- Dust particles are even unacceptable in silica chip manufacturing units. Capturing dust particles is necessary here, as even the slightest presence of foreign particles can make silica chips futile.
- If we talk about the food processing industry, here also health and safety standards are high. These standards are not only for the safety of employees but also for the general public who are going to consume that food product. Any dust particles, fumes, smoke, or mist needs to be controlled to keep the products up to standards and contamination-free.
- The use of robots in the manufacturing industry is becoming common these days. Although there is no such generation of harmful particles in the robotic assembly process, but dust particles can have a negative effect on the system. Too much dust accumulation can affect the accuracy of the equipment, make it less efficient, and can also increase downtime.
- Chemical and rubber industries are among those which are temperature-sensitive, and a poor quality of indoor air can complicate the whole process.
Blowing out the contaminated air and drawing inside the fresh outside air may work for some manufacturing establishments. But when there is the requirement of precise temperature control and prevention of outdoor contaminants, employment of an exhaust system, as well as makeup air system may not be that much helpful:
- Such systems can draw environmental contaminants inside the manufacturing facility.
- Excessive load on process cooling and temperature control equipment.
- Erratic temperature variation can accelerate the corrosion on machinery.
- Increase in cost of energy and maintenance costs.
- Issues in complying with the environmental standards.
- Employee safety at stake.
Employing an efficient air filtration system can be of great help to handle the situation. Such a system maintains the hot and cool air in the manufacturing unit along with removing any type of particulates that can hinder the process or personnel.
When it comes to industries in which temperature control, indoor air quality, and avoidance of environmental contaminants are essential, the air filtration system is one of the best options.
The air intake filters restrict any debris or contaminants from getting inside the process cooling system, helps in maintaining the temperature, preserve the integrity of equipment, and also sustain the system’s overall performance.
So, wait no more and install an air filter in your manufacturing facility now.