The standard sized 24x24x1 air filter is readily available at local retail/hardware stores. The term “standard sized” means the air filter is cut nominally with a 1/2″ undercut according to industry standards. Air filters are an easy thing to forget about as they are typically behind closed doors; however, regular maintenance is essential for HVAC system safety as well as home comfort. Regularly changing your 24x24x1 air filter:
- Increases comfort
- Improves indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Protects the HVAC equipment
- Lowers energy bills
- Improves the efficiency of cooling and heating
How does your 24x24x1 filter work?
24x24x1 Air Filters Clean the Air Indoors
According to the EPA, indoor air pollution is in the top 5 of environmental health risks. When airborne particulates/matter enter and circulate throughout your indoor air, your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ) decreases. IAQ also worsens with improper ventilation and when temperatures and humidity levels increase. There are also many other sources of indoor air pollution that are abundant in our daily lives. The include, but are not limited to, cooking fumes, smoke from cigarettes/cigars and fires, scented candles, spray air fresheners, drapes/carpet/furniture, and even printers.
Increasing IAQ in the Home
An HVAC systems primary job is to bring outdoor air inside and circulate it through the home. During the circulation process, outdoor air is forced through the air filter. 24x24x1 air filters trap dust, particles and debris that is present outdoor air, pushing clean air into the home. These particulates include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Human hair
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Vapors, odors, gasses
- Organic waste
- Carpet/fabric fibers
- Smoke and emissions
- Microbiological growth
When you reduce indoor air pollution sources, you’re also protecting your home’s IAQ. By reducing the sources, the 24x24x1 air filter can more efficiently and effectively capture pollutants that would otherwise enter into the indoor air you breathe. Air filters should be changed regularly (every 1-3 months according to manufacturer’s directions) to ensure your home always has the cleanest indoor air possible.
24x24x1 Air Filters Protect Your HVAC
On top of protecting indoor air quality, air filters also protect HVAC equipment from damage. Regular HVAC maintenance includes changing your air filters on a regular basis. Mold growth and even permanent damage can occur if dust and debris is allowed to build up on the motor and wires, water pools around the evaporator coils/condensate lines, or if holes and/or leaks in the equipment are left unfixed. A new 24x24x1 air filter will prevent damage to these expensive components:
- Flame sensors
- Blower motors
- Fire exchangers
Ways to Improve IAQ:
- Regular cleaning: Dust, sweep and vacuum on a regular basis. Vacuum not only floors and carpets, but blinds and vents as well.
- Reduce sources of indoor pollution: When choosing a flooring for your house, hardwood is always the better option over carpet to reduce indoor air pollution. For windows, choose open and natural light over drapery. Check around your home for any leaks/holes and patch them up so the outdoor pollution doesn’t make it’s way in your home. By following these steps, less stress will be put on your 16x20x1 air filter and improve your home’s IAQ.
- Pets: Although so cute and lovable, pets are a source of indoor air pollution for multiple reasons. Pet hair and dander (dead skin cells from an animal) easily becomes a problem quickly if pets aren’t brushed/bathed regularly. Our furry friend’s paws track in all kinds of dirt, debris, pollen, and dander from outside so wiping your pets paws after coming in the house is a huge help. If at all possible, try to keep your pets off furniture and out of bedrooms and wash blankets and floors regularly to keep the dander at bay.
- Dust Allergies: Dust and other particulates in the air results in respiratory sensitivities to those that suffer from seasonal allergies and/or asthma. Clean indoor air is essential to help those that are sensitive stay comfortable and healthy.
US Home Filter Carries AC Filters to Fit All HVAC Units
No matter which HVAC system you have, every unit needs a quality filter that fits properly to keep your indoor air quality clean and your heat running at its maximum efficiency this Fall and Winter. US Home Filter can supply you with the best and most efficient HVAC filter available! Changing the filter is as important as changing the oil in your car and US Home Filter makes filters that fit all AC/HVAC units. From standard to custom air filters, to whole-house filters, grille filters and humidifier filters, we have all of your filter needs covered!
Order now from US Home Filter and receive FREE SHIPPING on your order!
Selecting the filters that are right for your home can be difficult and confusing at times. At US Home Filter we understand this, which is why we offer an experienced staff to help answer any questions you may have. For personal assistance with your air filter needs, please contact us now online or call us at (855) 237-1673 and we will do our very best to assist you in selecting the right filter for your individual needs. We want to earn your business and we guarantee your satisfaction! Take advantage of our quality products, vast selection, low prices, and enjoy FREE SHIPPING on every air filter order within the Contiguous USA.